Jeans is still so trendy this season! And so as not to be outdone, we have concocted a tutorial to sew your shopping bag in jeans! Ideal for walking in town to shop, to slip your laptop or business for a weekend in the countryside. Fast and very simple to make, you don't need a lot of supplies to give free rein to your Denim desires!
In less than 2 hours and for less than 30 € you can sew your shopping bag in jeans with everything you need at Saint Peter's coupons !
The little tip: with the rest of your jeans, you can make a skirt, pants or jeans jacket matching your shopping bag!
- 1 coupon of raw jeans (3 meters at 15 €)
- 1 Camel braided strap For 40mm bags (€ 7.90)
- 1 wire coil Matching with jeans (threads for sewing everything 100m - Gütermann Coloris 387 - € 2.50)
- 1 wire coil Assorted to the strap for the stitching (super resistant thread 30m - Gütermann Coloris 887 - € 3.10)
- Seeding needles jeans
- 1 pair of scissors, 1 chalk, 1 rule, pins and a sewing machine
- Draw and cut your 4 pieces into your jeans fabric according to the diagram below.
2. pin down the place against the small side of the room B with the room A, and sew 1cm from the edge of the fabrics
3. Once arrived 1cm from the edge of the bottom of room B, leave your needle planted in the fabric, lift the doe foot and turn your fabrics with a quarter of a circle by placing the room against the large side of the Piece B.
4. pin your two rooms together, lower your doe foot and continue the seam 1cm from the edge of the fabrics up to 1cm from the large side of room B.
5. Once again, leave your needle planted in the fabric, lift the doe foot and turn your fabrics with a quarter of a circle by replacing the room against the small side of room B.
6. pin your two rooms together, lower your doe foot and finish the seam 1cm from the edge of the fabrics to the end.
7. You have assembled your room A and one of you B sets together. Repeat the approach for the second part B with part A.
8. Change your machine's son for a contrasting son.
9. Make the hem from the top of your bag by falling first time at 1cm and 3cm for the first time. Pin and sew 2mm from the bottom of the side of your withdrawal.
10. Option of the jeans pocket
- Make a small hem on the top of the room C that you previously cut, by folding up 0.5cm then 1cm for the first time. Pin and sew 2mm from the bottom of the side of your withdrawal.
- Make the fancy stitching that will decorate your pocket according to your tastes.
- Measure and place the pocket in the center of one of the large sides of your shopping bag at 5cm from the top of the bag.
- Fold 1cm on each side of your pocket and pin.
- Sew 0.5cm from the edge of your pocket to keep the pocket on your shopping bag. You can make a second decorative stitching.
11. Sewing of the handles
- Cut two 125cm pieces of your strap
- Place and pin your first strap at 9cm from the edge of room B, leaving 62cm of ease at the level of the handle.
- Sew along the handle at 0.3cm to assemble the handles.
- Renew the process for the second handle on the other side of the shopping bag.
12. Your shopping bag is ready to go for a walk!
Small tip: you can also add rivets or badges to further customize your jeans shopping bag and be right in the trend!