Step 1: Make sure that the fabric corresponds to your sewing pattern
What type of fabric is necessary for my project? Heavy fabric? Thick ? Elastic ? … What is the visual rendering I want? (color, pattern, fall).
Reminder: The best material to start is simply cotton. It is an easy to handle, solid material that resists couture touch -ups. It is also relatively economical the 3 meters at 15th. You can also work linen, mixed linen/cotton or wool to start easily
Step 2: Be attentive to descriptions: everything is done to help you
Understanding the characteristics of the fabrics and their differences, we try to give maximum information so that you can get an idea of the fabric, in the product sheet of our fabrics, we tell you:
- The composition of the fabric with the different percentages, if the fabric has elastane it can facilitate your seam
- The weight in GR/m, we therefore measure the weight per meter of the fabric, if you want to know the weight of 3 meters you multiply by 3; The weight of the fabric allows you to define its thickness.
- Then, you have the footage of the fabric the length and the width, for us the length is 3 meters, but you also have the fabric per meter, then you have the width called La Laize, it is generally 140-150 m because We specialize in furnishings. You must therefore always check the length for your works.
- We tell you the color, but also what is the pattern of the fabric
- We give you some inspirations on what you can do with the fabric, but also tips like needle you can use.
- We tell you how to maintain the fabric with pictograms.
Regarding the photos, we do everything so that you can imagine the fabric:
- There is a first photo with the pattern
- One or the fabric is turned in order to see how it is movement
- A photo with the rule when there is a pattern so that you can realize the size of the flower for example