It's time to prepare to go on vacation! Made your wardrobe is part of the memories. The dresses are ideal for traveling light and being still chic and feminine. I found To the coupons of Saint Peter, a colored bayadère cotton coupon used for shirts. I chose the steering wheel but the version with the sleeves is on the same principle. In 1 hour, the Cousette is made!
- 1 coupons of 3 meters ofcotton
- awire coil matching
- 1 meter ofelastic 1.5 cm
- Sewing equipment and a sewing machine: wire cut, pair of scissors, chalk ...
1- Cutting pieces of fabric
- Coupons are in Laize 140cm.
- Cut 2 rectangles 60cm in width x 80cm in body dress height and 1 rectangle of 140 × 25 cm for the steering wheel. For the height of the dress you can make it shorter or longer so take your measurements. Here it is for a 38/40 on a person of 1.70m.
- Surfing all the pieces of fabric with a zigzag point of your sewing machine.
2- Make the body of the dress
- Place the two rectangles against the place.
- Prick the two rectangles on the 2 longest edges.
3 - Cut the armholes
- Place the body of the dress flat and trace the armholes at each end: 13 cm high by 6 cm wide.
- Cut the two tissue thicknesses at the same time.
- Hem the turn of the armholes.
4 - Make the steering wheel
- Close with a bite, the long rectangle by its two short edges and always a counter place. You get a loop.
5 - Gather the body and the steering wheel
- Mark the middle of the back.
- Place the steering wheel sewing on the middle of the back of the dress, backwards from the dress against the steering wheel and pin to the armholes.
- Mark the middle of the front of the dress and place the middle of the steering wheel which remains to be placed and then pin down to the armholes.
- You should be from the steering wheel uninfined on the ends corresponding to the shoulders.
6 - Finish the steering wheel
- Fold the steering wheel on the place of the dress.
- Place and pin one end of the elastic on the edge of the seam.
- Pin the whole tour of the steering wheel with 0.8mm more than the width of the elastic.
- Prick this hem, when you arrive at the shoulders, make a little hem.
- Leave 5 cm to sew the two ends of the elastic (make a test to adjust the elastic) then close.
I didn’t hem my steering wheel because the stitching side brings a bohemian touch. If you prefer with a hem then plan 5 cm more for the steering wheel.
This steering wheel may be wider.
Ready to face the hot weather!
You can decline it in Wax For a trendy look!
Good holidays !