Ah the month of May. We are still in the spring but we already feel in summer start to point the nose. So the holidays, the sand and the sunscreen may not be there yet, but it is never too early to prepare for summer. Today we offer you a new tutorial to make a simple and fast beach bag!
- 1m of Flower printed cotton
- 1m of UNE cotton
- A Cotton strap for 30mm bag
- A wire reel matching
- A pair of scissors
- A rule / square
- A Craie tailor
- A sewing machine
Step 1: Draw and cut your pieces:
- Start by folding your cottons in half. Then draw your rectangles on the fabric using the indications on the diagram above. You will get 4 rectangles A, 4 rectangles B and 2 rectangles C.
Step 2: Assemble your pieces:
- First assemble the rectanglesHAS in cotton printed with the rectangles B In printed cotton, place against the place, with a straight seam 1cm from the edge. Then assemble this part with your rectangle VS, still a place against the place, with a straight seam 1cm from the edge.
- Repeat the same operation for your plain cotton rectangles. This piece will become your lining.
Step 3: Finishes:
- Place your lining inside your bag, right off, and assemble the two with a rib seam all around.
- Finally take your strap and place it, by hand or by machine, one of the sides of your bag. Repeat the same operation for the other side.
That's it you're ready for the beach! If you liked this tutorial and you want to do it do not hesitate to share your work on social networks with the hashtag #lesouponsdesaintpierre!